History

The Old Richmond Train Station was originally built in 1853, and burned twice to the ground. In 1912 the station was re-built and was converted to a restaurant in summer of 1999. The restaurant has recycled many of the original building materials and re-used them in the decor of the restaurant to keep a little piece of the past for all their customers to enjoy.

Richmond was a major hub since the completion of the railway in 1853 by the Grand Trunk Company, joining Richmond and Quebec city.

This line has now been converted to the green highway or highway #1 for bikers and ski-doo’s to travel.